Thursday, September 25, 2008

Alice Springs Rodeo


Apparently has been struggling for the last few years so we decided to support this event. My Mum and Dad arrived the same day and I told Dad we just had to go. We thought this could be a better experience than having to pay an exorbitant price at the Outback Spectacular on the Gold Coast. Unfortunately, the weather took a turn for the worse and I played football that afternoon in about 15 degrees and the night got into single digits...that was without the wind chill factor. I wore a singlet, shirt, long sleeve shirt, jumper, beanie and my big Billabong jacket...and it was still cold. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the events, but it has been a long time since I have experienced such a bitterly cold night. (Memories of -5 skiing in NZ came flooding back to me). They tried to hype up the crowd with loud music and gee ups on the microphone, but the music was songs like “Boys light up”, “Smells like teen spirit” and Shania Twain repeated over and over again. We were there for only a couple of hours, but I am sure we heard the same songs about 5 times.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! Will be sure to check it regularly.
    Hope you and the family are well!

    ReplyDelete