Thursday, October 2, 2008

Football news and Football final

Footy season has come and gone for me yet again. For those in the know, Aspley Hornets Reserves won the flag this year without me. I may be destined never to play in a premiership.


We had our South Alice Springs Under 17s and B Grade make the Grand Final and the 17s lost and the B Grade won. I played A grade this year and we did not make the finals. Looks like ONE more year for me.

The A Grade final was an excellent match between town side Pioneer and community side Yuendemu. It was a battle of structure and strength versus speed, skill and incredible natural ability. Yuendemu Magpies took out the game in emphatic fashion. All square at half time and they just put on the after burners about half way through the 3rd quarter and controlled the game superbly. Some of the Yuendemu players have the ability to play AFL football and one name to possibly to look out for is an ex-Yirara student Liam Jurrah. He went to Collingwood VFL side for 2 months, played four games. He is lean, fit and took an absolute screamer to virtually seal the game for the ‘Pies and is a freak. An AFL club would be silly not to at least try and draft him, and could easily take a few of his mates with him.

For me, footy training has continued as I prepare for the upcoming Masters match for over 35s. I am playing for the Central Australian Legends and we play the Darwin Buffaloes. This match is happening very soon and there are rumours that Michael Long and Michael Mclean will play for Darwin...could be another T.I.A moment though. Report to follow very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment