Saturday, March 29, 2008

Highlights so far

We had a scan and definitely have a baby in there and definitely a Modlin. The baby was very still and so we got some excellent photos of the baby’s legs, feet and profile. The Yirara mob love the photos.
I have started going to football training. South Alice Springs Kangaroos. Yes, I have come out of retirement. I am one of 2 whitefellas in the team. A few of the Yirara lads train and that helps the relationship building. Not as intense or what I am use to, but we will see if I can get a game out here, or at least a kick for that matter.
Elijah has started riding his bike without training wheels. We now cannot get him off the thing, but it was something he decided to do
Kurtis has lost another tooth and I have kept up the system of pulling out every tooth he has lost.
Shopping and coffee on Saturday morning is a big social occasion in Alice. The Yirara mob (fellas and girls from the boarding house) live for shopping– they can’t buy anything, but we see them and they love seeing you out there with your family. Some of the kids use it as an opportunity to run away, and that can cause some headaches.
I am having my first community visit over the Easter weekend, driving a troop carrier of 10 kids to Aeryonga. Very excited. Hopefully some photos!!

1 comment:

  1. Rusty,
    Good to hear you are back having a run. We have started a Lao AFL team over here in Vientiane - The Lao Elephants and will be competing in the Asian Championships in Singapore on the weekend of September 6. We are looking for some star imports so I am officially extending an invitation, knowing your long list of accolades in the sport. If you have never been to Singapore, what better reason to go! I'll be getting on to Messr Luka as well.

    ReplyDelete