Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 15 and 16: Newcastle to Coffs Harbour

367km today to Coffs Harbour. We would have left earlier but me and the boys have been captivated by the journey of Simon "The Wizard" Whitlock's incredible run in the World Championship of Darts on FoxSport. The semi final the other day was gripping TV and had all three boys screaming "180"! at the appropriate moments. If you watched it, you know exactly what I mean.

I know we are heading back to the Sunshine Coast and we will see this EVERY day, but for us, it is building the excitement. I hope you enjoy the photos of the view we had from our motel room at Coffs.









My bad, this was the view we had of Coffs from our motel room. The previous images were our view from atop Muttonbird Island. A leisurely stroll up the mountain to see Coffs. Not a muttonbird to see.




Played tourist on day 2 in Coffs and relented and went to The Big Banana. The prices caused Belinda to call it "The Big Rip", but we did enjoy our toboggan rides and our chocolate coated banana- basically our meal for the day as our food stocks are getting low.


Good on ya Mum. The 30 second ride only took "Driving Miss Daisy" 90 seconds.



Joseph asked for this shot below to be taken- EXACTLY the way it was taken. Anyone who knows Joseph knows what I mean and it was totally wrong of me to ask him to take out the banana lolly from his mouth.


It had to happen sooner or later. Surely we would have to run into someone from Alice Springs. This is Kurtis' friend Rafiki all the way from Alice Springs. Ok, as we were driving into Coffs Harbour Kurtis says "Where are we?"
We say "Coffs Harbour."
"Coffs Harbour? I think Rafiki's family come here for holidays."
We send 1000s of texts and Kurtis anxiously waited by Belinda's phone and we were able to catch up with his good mate at Jetty Beach. One happy lad.



What do good mates do in Coffs? They run along the jetty and they JUMP off the side. Another thing it is lucky grandparents don't know what their son lets their grandkids do....did I just write that out loud?

"Hi there. I am his friend. Elijah, is that your Dad?"
"Yes it is."
"So, where are you from?"
"I'm from Newcastle on holidays. Where are you from?"
"We're from Alice Springs driving..."
"Holy Cow! [runs from water] Hey everybody! These people are from Outback Australia!!!!"
"Dad, can you play with me?...I don't want to play with him anymore."


Get used to it Kurtis.


Alright Elijah, we'll bury YOU now, but not all the way to your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment